Sunday, January 26, 2014

Less than a week until ACE Eastcoaster and our "Great Pennsylvania Amusement Parks Road Trip" book signing event at Bethlehem's Moravian Book Shop!

We are full of excitement! It is less than a week until we get to visit our first ACE Eastcoaster Convention, Saturday February 1st, and have our book signing event at Moravian Book Shop, Sunday February 2nd from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM.

The culmination of all efforts creating the book including taking photos for about a decade, researching, interviewing important park management, ride designers, historians, lifelong fans of parks and more is so rewarding. Below are a few reviews/notes of our new book "Great Pennsylvania Amusement Parks," available through the dropdown menu at the top of the page.

"I was really impressed with the content in your book.  Once I saw that interviews with park and ride company owners and representatives were in it, I just had to get this one for myself.  Heck, I learned things about my own place of work, Waldameer, while reading your book.  Your section on Knoebels was a favorite as well. Overall, the content itself was more than worth the price and those interviews are something you can't find in other roller coaster or amusement park books. Congratulations!" 
-Andrew Felice of Waldameer Park

"I really enjoyed your book. Of course knowing me, my favorite section was the Knoebels chapter. I also really enjoyed the PA ride manufacturers history. I liked hearing how hard the guys at PTC are working as well as Great Coasters International. They are the spirit of the amusement industry. The Waldameer bit was good too. The owner (Paul Nelson) reminds me a lot of Dick Knoebel being a hard worker and really putting a lot of effort into his park. I really would like to visit Waldameer. I keep saying SOMEDAY!! Conneaut Lake Park reminds me of Bushkill having such a unique and very rich history. I know they can survive and I hope ever attempt is made to keep it preserved. Dorney has a very unique history and I NEED to get there. Its close to me, probably about the same distance as Hershey, maybe a bit more. I want to thank you for taking the time to write a book, especially with the unique history PA has to offer."
-Leighton Brown 

"I recently bought and read,  "Great Pennsylvania Amusement Parks Road Trip".  It was a hard book to put down.  Not only was it chock full of interesting information, it was well written and fun to read.  This book enabled me to recall cherished memories of my own visits to amusement parks, and visit others through the eyes of the author.  Anyone who loves amusement parks will LOVE this book.

I hope there is a sequel. "

-Lynn Staude

Thank you for the kind words guys. Be sure to get a copy of our book, "Great Pennsylvania Amusement Parks," for yourself using the drop down menu at the top of the page. 


No comments:

Post a Comment